Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Final Destination

Hey! I just found out where I will be for the next two months.  My team will be staying in Austin Texas.  We are going to be working in the FEMA office working in rental resources.  (It sounds like a cubicle job)  We will be living in an extended stay hotel.  I am excited to go on my first service trip but I am disappointed that I will be stuck in an office, I joined Americorps because I wanted to do manual labor.  It is only the first trip, I will have 3 other opportunities to do the work I want to do.  Hope everyone is doing well!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dan,
Just wait until you get there, you just may like it!
And think - you'll be in Texas!!!
Enjoy the remainder of Denver - any photos to share?

Dad said...

Hi Dan,
I am about to call it a day here at work on a Friday evening (Halloween ugh). Kay and I carved a pumpkin last evening...it was fun but not quite like the days of old when we carved five!!!!Great news about Texas. Don't worry about the "desk job". Remember it will be important for you to know all aspects of Disaster Relief if you are to pursue this in the future. Be particularly careful not to let your disappointment show as that is not in the spirit of volunteering. I think you will contribute greatly no matter what the task. Keep your chin up. Very proud of you, Dad

John O'Hara said...

Wanna borrow some ties?