Saturday, November 1, 2008

Hey!
Today I officially became a member of Americorps NCCC class XV.  We had an induction ceremony and I was given a certificate.  I am getting a little more excited about Austin because it is a fun and young city.  I'll put up with the office work and hopefully join a Habitat build on weekends.  I am also going to try to volunteer on an ambulance corps once or twice a week (I had to get permission from the Unit Leader, and he was very supportive of my goals)  I just got back from downtown Denver, I went in to watch the BC game but didn't have much luck finding it.  Tomorrow I will finish packing and then we leave Monday morning.  Take care and GO PATS!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! Save that certificate, Dan. You've earned it!

Unknown said...

HAVE A GREAT TRIP TO TEXAS!!!

Karen said...

Hi Dan! I am really enjoying the blog! Sounds like you have already hit some great spots in the US. I would love to visit CO. I enjoyed one trip to Austin -great modern city. Hope you enjoy the work that you will do with FEMA.
What is the age limit for joining Americorps?! I think I'm ready! All the best